Sunday, November 16, 2008
Free Internet Radio, podcasts for marketing and Seo
Podcast to listen:
Online Forum Networks and Communities
Online Forum Networks and Communities as Victor Pitts reports from Pubcon Las Vegas 2008 and he talks to the crew from Crowd Gather, which consolidates message board and forum users.
Global Connectivity Emily Nagle Green, President and CEO of Yankee Group, a leading technology and research consulting firm that analyzes the impact of global connectivity on enterprises and consumers
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Here are some tips from them
Yaro Starak’s 10 Great Blog Traffic Tips
10. Write at least five major “pillar” articles. A pillar article is a tutorial style article aimed to teach your audience something. Generally they are longer than 500 words and have lots of very practical tips or advice. This article you are currently reading could be considered a pillar article since it is very practical and a good “how-to” lesson. This style of article has long term appeal, stays current (it isn’t news or time dependent) and offers real value and insight. The more pillars you have on your blog the better.
9. Write one new blog post per day minimum. Not every post has to be a pillar, but you should work on getting those five pillars done at the same time as you keep your blog fresh with a daily news or short article style post. The important thing here is to demonstrate to first time visitors that your blog is updated all the time so they feel that if they come back tomorrow they will likely find something new. ...
8. Use a proper domain name. If you are serious about blogging be serious about what you call your blog. In order for people to easily spread the word about your blog you need a easily rememberable domain name.
7. Start commenting on other blogs. One of the best ways to find the right type of reader for your blog is to comment on other people’s blogs. You should aim to comment on blogs focused on a similar niche topic to yours since the readers there will be more likely to be interested in your blog.....
6. Trackback and link to other blogs in your blog posts. A trackback is sort of like a blog conversation. When you write a new article to your blog and it links or references another blogger’’s article you can do a trackback to their entry. What this does is leave a truncated summary of your blog post on their blog entry - it’’s sort of like your blog telling someone else’s blog that you wrote an article mentioning them. The other blogger will likely come and read your post eager to see what you wrote about them. ....
5. Encourage comments on your own blog.To encourage comments you can simply pose a question in a blog post. Be sure to always respond to comments as well so you can keep the conversation going....
4. Submit your latest pillar article to a blog carnival. A blog carnival is a post in a blog that summarizes a collection of articles from many different blogs on a specific topic. blogcarnival.com....
3. Submit your blog to blogtopsites.com. To be honest this tip is not going to bring in a flood of new readers but it’’s so easy to do and only takes five minutes so it’’s worth the effort. Go to Blog Top Sites, find the appropriate category for your blog and submit it. You will probably only get 1-10 incoming readers per day with this technique but over time it can build up as you climb the rankings....
2. Submit your articles to EzineArticles.com. Once a week or so take one of your pillar articles and submit it to Ezine Articles. Your article then becomes available to other people who can republish your article on their website or in their newsletter....
1. Write more pillar articles. Aim for one solid pillar article per week and by the end of the year you will have a database of over 50 fantastic feature articles that will work hard for you to bring in more and more readers....15 Link Building Tips for New Websites
New websites need links to develop any sort of search engine visibility. Links pointing to a new website can get it indexed and help it to start ranking for low to medium competition long tail keywords.
These keywords will send visitors searching for information on a specific topic to your website and allows you gain a new reader or make some money from whatever affiliate program or ad scheme you are running.15 Link Building Strategies for New Websites
- Submit your site to Web Directories. Here’s a list of web directories you can use. You can also find some blog directories here.
- Submit Press Releases to PR sites. A basic press release about your website’s launch can be released to several PR websites, who will distribute it to various online news outlets. A good way to get a free link. I recommend using PRWeb and PRLeap.
- Reciprocal Links with Similar Websites.Reciprocal linking can be useful from the beginning but don’t overdo it. You can find link partners by emailing them directly or searching through webmaster forums.
- Squidoo Lenses. A Squidoo lens is fairly easy to create. It only takes around 15 minutes to set up one fully and you’ll be able to insert a bunch of anchor text links to your website along with your feed content. Hubpages is another similar site you can use.
- Article Submissions. Create a short article on your niche topic and submit it to article directories for a backlink and some traffic. Here is a list of article directories, sorted by Alexa and PageRank.
- Social Media Profiles. There a whole bunch of social websites online which allow you to insert a link to your website on the profile page.
- Social Bookmarking/Voting Websites. 3spots has the biggest list of social voting and bookmarking websites I’ve seen so far.
- Forum Signatures. Sign up for some forums in your niche and start contributing to ongoing discussions. Insert a link to the homepage or some inner pages of your site.
- Create a Tool, Theme or Widget. Pay a designer to come up with an add-on application or template that is related to a specific social network, popular website or platform. Include a credit link that points back to your designated website.
- Blogs on Other Blog Platforms. Use existing blogs you have on other blog networks. Or set up different versions of your blog on different blog networks like Wordpress.com, Blogger and Xanga. Link to specific webpages on your website.
- Comment on Other Blogs. Start commenting on relevant and popular sites in your niche. Write a relevant comment and try to avoid using keyword names or signature links.
- Guest posting on other blogs. Like article and press releases, this one involves having readily available content you can send out to certain blogs in your niche. This is great for getting relevant links and traffic.
- Hold Contests. Contests allow you to determine the specific anchor text but its possible that too many links using the designated keyword may harm your domain instead.
- Collaborative Projects. You may need to develop an article specifically for a writing project, blog carnival or meme but it will usually get you a couple of backlinks, depending on the number and generosity of the participants involved.
- Offer your Expertise. Write to an established website and offer to revamp/optimize their website in return for a mention or credit link on a webpage. This offers excellent branding, particularly if your offer is picked up by a website with a decent audience.
The best answers are collected here:
The easiest way to find out what other bloggers think about a specific website is to do a quick query for it on a blog search engine.
Typing in the website name will usually show you who are writing about the specific site. However, you might also want to examine the type of links a specific website receives from other bloggersDiscovering who links to a website is a form of competitor analysis, which is particularly important when you are in a crowded niche.
Read the original post: Why You Should Use Technorati and Google Blog Search Bookmarklets
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Hooray!!! Today I've created my new Account
Youtube can drive tons of the targeted traffic to your site and I hope to use it as a great site promotion tool (good info on this topic from ). .com
But at first I need to find out few moments:
1. How to make Youtube Video
2. How the community works
3. What are the main seo tips and tricks for Youtube - forums info
At first we will study #1 question: How To Make
You can use digital camera and just take your video and upload it to your Youtube account:
Ehow tips - How to make and the whole site dedicated to this topic - VideoMaking better video for (shooting, editing, lightning...) - so if you are interested in perfectly shoot videos - these tips are for you.
But if you are interested in picture-slide show video - you need to look for something else. so what are the tools that can help you to convert your pics to the video, add text and music?
#1. Camtasia Studio
this is a program
Friday, July 25, 2008
Social Media is growing daily, so it's good to think about your own social network.
What I have recently found on this:
Elgg is an open, flexible social application engine, designed to run at the heart of any socially-aware application. Building on Elgg is easy, and because the engine handles common web application and social functionality for you, you can concentrate on developing your idea.
Sounds promising, looks even better but it is testing yet, so need to check later - I think it's really worthy thing.
2. Boonex -Dolphin
They call it "Smart community builder" - you can build any social network you wish - just your imagination:) Yes, but I've heard there are some bugs in the soft and then you should pay for their support...
Still soft is free, features are promising. Not bad to try:)
That's all about this topic till now, but it's just the beginning.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
I've stumbled over Yahoo Answers thread on Digital Point Forums - and it made to think about this subject again.
I created an account on Yahoo Answers, even tried to answer the questions - but then I found in senseless and stopped.
But this thread made me to start thinking about YA again, I even answered few questions today;)
So let's see what are the benefits of Yahoo Answers:
- You can get free traffic from the YA if your answer is the best, traffic can be really good
- You may collect Ideas for your new posts - with personal opinions and then promote this post to the people who answered
- You may get some kind of stats - what is buzz about
- If you want to help someone - this is a good way to give your advice (ok, this is not about seo:)
Not bad, but what are the negative sides of YA:
- You can be banned easily
- You need to write savvy, smart answers - no place for dumbs:)
- You can just waste your time - if you do not coordinate your work, so maybe it's better to write a content for your own site instead of answering onYA?
- You cannot use an anchor text for your links
You know, till now I don't want to leave YA without attention, I think you should visit the site few times a week and answer some worthy andinteresting questions, but don't go spammy, if you have what to say - just aswer, even without link, create a good reputation and you will get response for sure.
If you have something to say or some good info to share - you are very welcome!!!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
I'm starting this blog to make my own SEO study easier and I hope in future someone also can find it useful:)
This is not a study, an expert view - this is a collection of my notes, ideas, thoughts concerning seo.
Maybe I'm too lazy to use Delicious, google bookmarks and other services to collect the useful information, I'm too lazy to create a doument and write my notes there. I decided to start a blog - you can use tags, you have access anywhere, and it's so easy to start:)
So here I go!!!
Good luck to me:)